Day Nine Summer EPET 2012

Technological, pedegogical and content knowledge (TPACK)
Technological, pedegogical and content knowledge (TPACK)

I cannot believe tomorrow is our last face to face session! These two weeks have gone by so fast! I think it's a good time to send us all home, I know I have reached my maximum learning saturation point, I'm sure others in the group are feeling the same!

          Last night the 2010 cohort invited the 2012 cohort for a pizza get-together. This was a wonderful experience to get to know each other better and to learn more about the program. Thanks 2010 cohort! Tonight the 2012 cohort went out for dinner right after class, Mexican at El Az! It was great conversation, good food and fun! We all agree that the diversity of our group is a definite strength. We all bring something unique to the mix. I am honored and grateful to be a part of this amazing group! Downside...I hate that about half way through dinner all I could think about was getting back to my room to do my homework. I really need to learn how to lighten up!

         

Tonight's stats challenge: what does it mean to interpret significance?

I think I have this right! In statistics, significance means not due to chance, or probably true. The higher the significance the more likely to support rejection of the null hypothesis. .95 or .05 are commonly used, either there is a 95% chance the findings are true, or the most commonly used number, .05, or there is a 5% chance the findings are not true. The p-value tells you how likely something is to be NOT true.

Write a comment

Comments: 2
  • #1

    Crystal (Saturday, 30 June 2012 10:35)

    So I reread it outloud and talked it over with Joe. I think I get the idea of significance or null hypothesis but how do you get the numbers that prove your hypothesis?

  • #2

    Laura Hamilton (Sunday, 01 July 2012 13:32)

    Holly!
    I love your blog! Reading your entries took me down memory lane. You have such positive energy which motivates me! Keep on blogging :)